John Freund Racing 6.8" 1920x1080 IPS Touch Screen HDMI Display
Ultra lightweight, vibrant, bright, and with a built-in touch screen interface. Perfect for PiLink, Digital Mirror Systems, Android Auto projects, or many other applications. The screen works for any HDMI system. Raspberry Pi users, take note, this is a fantastic display for your projects!
IMPORTANT! This product is made to order. Depending on inventory it may take a few weeks to order the hardware to produce a unit. Feel free to contact me for current inventory and expected delivery times.
WARNING - Does not work with polarized lenses when mounted horizontally. This LCD is horizontally polarized which basically makes you see a black screen when wearing polarized sunglasses. If you absolutely need a display that will work with polarized lenses, please contact me via email to discuss.
- 6.8" 1920x1080 IPS Display - Large, vibrant, and high resolution, with a matte finish for low glare. Case Dimensions are 172mm x 98.5mm x 13mm. Display dimensions 148mm x 83mm. 500 NITS, 1100:1 Contrast Ratio.
- Thin Bezel - about as thin as I could design it.
- Portable - extremely light and portable
- HDMI Input - Works with any HDMI compatible system (uses mini-HDMI on the display)
- USB-C powered - USB-C port for power input. Pi devices cannot supply enough current over their USB ports to power this display unless you boost their available current via a power supply system like I include in my PiLink and DMS devices. You can alternatively use a simple 12V to 5V converter usually around $3-7 found on eBay, either with a USB port or one that you can splice into a USB-C cable.
- Multi-touch screen - Plug and Play via USB-C. Works without drivers in most systems.
- Easy Mounting - M4 threaded mounting holes in an standard AMPS (30x38mm) pattern, with low profile M4 screws included.
- Audio Output from HDMI signal - If your HDMI input contains audio then you can connect headphones or 3.5MM stereo output cable to the audio port to output that audio.
- 3D Printed Case - lightweight, easily replaceable, and customizable. Being 3D printed however the case can't meet molded plastic quality, but it's pretty good! Printed in ASA material, good up to almost 200 deg F ambient temperatures.
- Display - Mini HDMI input, sound input over HDMI, controls on rear
- USB-C 6ft. cable x 2- for power and touch
- HDMI Mini 6ft. cable - for connecting to your device. Standard cable is an HDMI Mini to HDMI cable. A Mini to Micro HDMI cable is available as well (necessary for Pi 4 users).
- M4 screws x 4 - 8mm in length, for standard bezel only (not included with 1g/2g Dash Bezel versions)
- Standard Bezel - Looks like any other small display
- Double Din Snap-In Bezels for 1st and 2nd Gen DSMs - an alternative front bezel design at no cost to you that simply snaps into your DSM's dash for super simple installation. Great for PiLink owners that want to interact with ECMLink or make use of the PiLink Android Auto upgrade. Note - 1G requires trimming of the central bar to create a double-DIN hole for the screen, but otherwise snaps into place.
- Sun Shade - For standard bezels only, the sun shade slides onto the display case easily and held in by screws to provide light protection in all conditions.
- Customizable Case - If you'd like to customize your display's 3D printed case with a specific mount style, graphics, text, etc., after placing your order immediately send an email to [email protected] In the subject include your order number, and in the body the customization details, and I'll see what I can do. Alternatively, include details in the order notes during checkout.
Documentation still being created, contact me for instructions (though it's quite simple to use, you simple connect cables to the correct ports and off you go).
NOTE - This product is MADE TO ORDER. I do not keep inventory, so I will need to order all these components and print the case after you place your order. Please be patient. This means I am subject to current parts and materials availability though I will communicate any delays with you.
6 month warranty against defects in workmanship and materials under normal use and conditions. John Freund Racing LLC agrees, at its option during the warranty period, to repair any defect in material or workmanship or to furnish a repaired or refurbished product of equal value in exchange without charge (except for a fee for shipping, handling, packing, return postage, and insurance which will be incurred by the customer). Such repair or replacement is subject to verification of the defect or malfunction and proof of purchase.