NOTE - Due to worldwide chip shortages Raspberry Pi board costs are through the roof! Also the latest version of the RaceCapture App no longer runs well on a Raspberry Pi 3 B+ and so I've had to move to the more expensive 4B which requires additional heat sinks. I've had to increase the price accordingly.
JFR Dashboard - 12V powered fully automated Raspberry Pi based Dashboard for your RaceCapture Pro telemetry systems!
The JFR Dashboard is a self-contained pre-built digital dashboard for your your RaceCapture Pro systems. When you power on your car it starts up the RaceCapture App automatically giving you a digital dashboard. This system is about as plug-n-play as it gets with a simple wiring pigtail and connecting to your RaceCapture Pro via USB.
What makes this system stand out?
- File System Protection - Cutting power to a Raspberry Pi without proper design precautions will lead to file system corruption over time. Precautions must be taken to protect the system and not doing so will eventually lead to a corrupt microSD card and a system that will no longer boot. This system is properly designed to protect from such corruptions.
- Higher Resolution with a better quality touch interface - 7" 1024x600 with a good quality touch display.
- Optimized Booting - This system removes all unnecessary software providing the fastest boot process available to load the RaceCapture App as quickly as possible.
- Automatically Creates RaceCapture App backups - The system backs up your RaceCapture app configuration to the included USB drive. This lets you maintain prior versions in case mistakes are made as well as maintain copies in case of catastrophic failures. Also this lets you share your configurations to other devices.
- Allows transferring of RaceCapture Configurations from other devices - Have dashboard layouts already set up on your laptop? With this system transferring them is as easy as copying them to the USB drive and the system will apply them on next startup.
- Makes Updating your RaceCapture App easy - Updating a linux application isn't the easiest if you're not Linux-savvy. RaceCapture Dashboard makes this simple by letting you drag and drop the latest software onto your USB and it will handle the rest. Easy.
- Roll Bar and Surface Mounts are available - To make sure the system is easy to install I've designed matched mounting solutions so getting your RaceCapture Dashboard into your car is as easy as possible Custom designs are also an option, just reach out to me via email to discuss!
- Sun Shade is available - A sun shade in many vehicle installations is critical for viewing the display in all lighting conditions. A low cost sun shade designed specifically for this system is ready to go from John Freund Racing.
- Camera Integration Option - This system can be upgraded to include the Action Camera system providing a [email protected] always on recording system. Live streaming capable (experimental). Comparable to a GoPro Hero 3 in video quality.
- Boot Splash Video - The system comes with a simple boot video during startup. This video can be customized by you with any mp4 video of your choosing, or even a static image.
- System Updates Are Easy - With the RaceCapture Dashboard future updates can simply be placed on the USB drive and they are installed automatically. No needing to worry about SSH'ing into the system and manually manipulating files (which may or may not be out of your wheel house).
- Built-in System- This system has a built-in fan and heat sinks to keep the system cool. This is absolutely necessary as the RaceCapture App requires a Raspberry Pi 4 system that runs rather hot and a motorsports environment can lead to overheating and CPU throttling, impacting system performance.
- Runs off 12V power - automatically runs the RaceCapture App for you.
- Built-in Cooling - Keeps the system cool in hot racing environments.
- Latest RaceCapture App installed - the system is ready to go out of the box!
- Fast booting - System is highly optimized to boot the RaceCapture App as fast as possible.
- Easy Updates - Updates to both the RaceCapture App and System software are applied easily via the included USB drive.
- Takes Backups for You - System automatically creates periodic backups of your RaceCapture App configuration that can be used on another system or for restoring yours.
- Bright 7" 1024x600 Touch Display - high quality display with solid resolution with vivid colors for viewing your data easily. 1000:1 Contrast Ratio, 300 NITS.
- Easy mounting - included M3 (or M4 for Action Camera upgraded systems) screws used for easy mounting. Mounting options are available from John Freund Racing (see below in the mounting section)
- Based on a Raspberry Pi 4B 2GB - The system is network accessible and can be configured to connect to any Wi-Fi network easily via the USB drive. The system is open to you for customization (though software modifications do void your software warranty and are generally unsupported)
- Action Camera upgradeable - The system can be upgraded at order time to include a built-in Action Camera system. This requires additional hardware, wiring, status LED, software, and a different wiring harness (changes from a simple 12V barrel plug to a 5-pin aviation connector). Pictures above show the Action Camera variant. Details about what the Action Camera is can be found here: https://www.jfracing.net/p/act...
- Customizable - Custom lettering can be provided. Also if you have some ideas about a mounting solution that I do not offer please reach out. All customization requests should be included in order notes in your order or after your order emailed to me (referencing your order number) at [email protected] so we can discuss.
- JFR Dashboard - main unit containing both the Pi 4B 2GB and display hardware.
- Wiring Harness - For standard versions this is simply a 12V barrel plug for wiring to power and ground + an AC adapter for desk testing. For Action Camera upgraded systems this will be a 5-pin aviation connector including additional wires for a power switch line, LED status output, and optional manual camera switch (no AC adapter included for this).
- Mounting Screws - M3 (or M4 for Action Camera upgraded systems)
- 16GB USB Drive - for system configuration, backups, and updates. Generally any USB device will work however.
- Sun Shade (Optional) - 3D printed Sun Shade that slides on and off the system easily
- Camera Hardware (Optional) - Action Camera upgraded systems include additional hardware such as a USB sound card with 3D printed mounting clip, a microphone with 3D printed mounting clip, an Action Camera, an extra lens protector for the camera, a focus tool for the camera, and if ordered a roll bar mount for the camera.
Display Mounting options are coming soon. Generally they will be like this linked display mount but in with surface and roll bar mount options as well as varying lengths, with custom lengths available upon request: https://www.jfracing.net/p/dis...
This product is MADE TO ORDER. I do not keep inventory, so I will need to order all these components after you place your order. Please be patient. This means I am subject to current parts availability though I will communicate any delays with you. Also all cases are 3D printed, and current 3D printing technology does not produce the same quality as Injection Molding so please tailor your expectations accordingly.
6 Month warranty against defects in workmanship and materials under normal use and conditions. Free software updates for life. John Freund Racing LLC agrees, at its option during the warranty period, to repair any defect in material or workmanship or to furnish a repaired or refurbished product of equal value in exchange without charge (except for a fee for shipping, handling, packing, return postage, and insurance which will be incurred by the customer). Such repair or replacement is subject to verification of the defect or malfunction and proof of purchase.
Please read our Disclaimer here at https://jfracing.net/disclaimer